BPZE1 has been developed with $50+ million in equity financing.
• $55 million in investment funding to date to conduct business operations, R&D, and clinical research activities.
• An additional €10 million of European Union funding supported early BPZE1 research and a clinical study.
Since licensing BPZE1 in December 2013 from the Insitut Pasteur de Lille and INSERM, ILiAD has made significant progress advancing vaccine development, including:
• Completion of a 300 subject multicenter Phase 2b clinical trial
• Completed follow-up of an NIH-sponsored Phase 2a clinical study at Vanderbilt University
• Completion of a Phase 1b (high dose) clinical study at the Karolinska University Hospital in Stockholm, Sweden
• Demonstration of 99.99% reduction in B. pertussis nasopharyngeal colonization vs. controls in a non-human primate study
• Manufacturing of lyophilized vaccine formulation with > 2 years stability at 4℃, for storage and distribution
• Synthesis, characterization and preclinical experiments for several modified BPZE1 strains
• Issuance by the U.S. and European Patent and Trademark offices of BPZE1 vaccine patents with broad claims
• Development and proof of concept of the B-Tech™ vector platform for the delivery of heterologous antigens for the induction of immunity against respiratory pathogens and immuno-oncology targets
ILiAD Biotechnologies is a privately held company.